Caring for your hardwood flooring
You just invested in your new hardwood floors. You purchased the flooring and maybe even forked up the money to have it installed. If you had the guts to install it yourself, then you are looking at a self made masterpiece. Hardwood flooring is expensive and a worthwhile investment if you are willing to take the time to maintain them. Here are a few tips to make your hardwood floors last.
- Be sure to keep your flooring clean with a dust mop, vacuum or swept with a soft bristle broom. Allowing dust or grit to accumulate on your flooring will damage the finish at a much quicker rate.
- Use floor protector pads on the bottom of furniture. This will help prevent scratching.
- Beware of the shoes that are worn in the home. Cleats and heels will ruin your floors.
- Clean up spills immediately with a slightly damp soft cloth. Liquids can ruin your flooring if left to absorb for long periods of time.
- If you decide to mop use a slightly dampened mop. Water and wood are not friends.
- Floor mats and rugs will reduce the amount of wear on a floor and will help it keep its beauty.
- Do not use oil based soaps. Check out our accessories for a hardwood flooring Maintenance Kit.
Do you have any great tips to take care of your flooring?
Follow Team Floors To Your Home on Facebook