5 Reasons Why Laminate Flooring Works Best for families with Young Children
Posted on Apr 9th 2013 Posted by David — Comments ↓
Which flooring material is best suited to handle children and pets in busy homes, for families who are always looking for the ideal, kid-friendly options?
Laminate Flooring is a fantastic option for families in search of a warm, natural hardwood look, but without the maintenance and hassle of actual wood. Here are five basic reasons why Laminate Flooring is a good option for you to consider:
NEVER wet mop!
- Laminate floors can match any decor or setting, with styles ranging from classic natural stone to the sleek modern look of pressed fabric, to rainforest hardwood.
- Laminate floors are resistant to scuffs and abrasions, even penetration by most household chemicals or solvents, including markers, nail polish and crayons. They are also resistant to liquid damage, and extremely durable.
- Clean-up is easy. Sweeping with a broom, vacuum, or swiffer will keep your laminate floor looking new. A damp mop will cure most issues with a sticky floor due to spills; even permanent marker can be removed using a small amount of acetone without any damage.
- Laminate Floors are considered "green", where the manufacturing, installation, and disposal processes have no negative environmental impact. Its heavy-duty, high-density core board is made with recycled natural resources. Laminate flooring is an environmentally friendly consideration when you are seeking a living area with fewer allergens. It is free of solvents, preservatives, and other chemicals that can agitate allergies and asthma.
- Laminate flooring is so simple to install that almost anyone can do it. There is also no need to re-install an entire laminate floor when only a certain area is damaged, as individual planks can be replaced when required.
Laminate flooring is inexpensive and easy to install, making it an affordable, "eco-friendly" choice for all budgets. Simple and easy to care for, scratch and wear resistant, laminate flooring will keep your household family friendly for many years to come.
– – – –
David is has written and made videos about flooring products and installation since 2011 at Floors To Your Home (.com), where he is also the PPC Manager, a Researcher, a Website & Marketing Strategy Team member, Videographer, Social Strategist, Photographer and all around Resource Jito. In my spare time I shoot and edit video, put together a podcast, explore film history, and mix music (as in ‘play with Beatles multi-tracks’). Connect with W. David Lichty
Follow Team Floors To Your Home on Facebook